Don’t Be An Unnerved Traveler
- Purchase insurance with your flight, hotel, cruise or vacation package.
- Locate the company information on the policy you receive via email after trip purchase.
- Look at the policy and read the Declaration of Coverage, this will explain your reimbursement amounts if you have to file a claim.
- If your trip is interrupted and you need to file a claim, go to the website or download a claim form. Delta and Southwest both use Allianz Travel Insurance.
- Submitting electronically is much easier and you will receive your refund faster.
- Remember to keep receipts for all purchases made that day!
- Keep a copy of the itinerary going and returning as well as proof of the cancellation or trip interruption via email as well as text message. You must show proof.
- Upload documents for food, hotel, parking, groceries, transportation. Anything that caused you to spend additional money during the delay or canceled trip.
- Complete the statement portion on the claim form, sign it, make sure all information is correct and submit.
- Save the confirmation number
Bonus Tip~Yes you can go back and upload documents at a later date if needed. I have had to wait for my credit card statement and used that as proof of purchases.
Bonus Tip~The policy has a “standard rate” if you don’t submit receipts, they try not to give you the full amount due, pay attention and read the fine print!
Congratulations! You have just successfully filed a travel insurance claim, please make sure your address is correct, your payment should be in your mailbox in 15-30 days!
Follow me for more travel tips and tricks @Unnerved Traveler on Facebook and Instagram!
Nyri~The Unnerved Traveler